11th to 15th September 2015
Step back in time on our short break to Istanbul.The riches of the Ottoman empire, lively street markets and interesting boat rides. The Bosphorus is the waterway that creates the divide between Europe and Asia. On the European side, Sultanahmet is the historic jewel in the old city, where patterned tiles dazzle inside the Blue Mosque. Trams whiz across Galata Bridge to the new city, where Beyoglu buzzes with lively meyhane taverns and sleek rooftop bars.
Shopping: Practise haggling inside the medieval Grand Bazaar. Edge past hand-painted ceramics and windows glowing with gold jewellery, as smooth-talking carpet sellers entice you in with a glass of tea.
Sailing: Sail on the Bosphorus, criss-crossed with boats. On deck, sip tea while spotting Istanbul's palaces and traditional wooden houses hugging the waterfront.
History: Be awed by the glittering treasures inside the Topkapi Palace, where sultans once lived. Thousand-year-old jewel-encrusted swords anyone?
And of course as itís a Grand Cru tour there will be a great emphasis on food and wine.
Included in tour
* Return scheduled flight London/Istanbul
* 4 nights bed & breakfast at 4/5* hotel in Istanbul
* Dinner, with wines, each evening at specially selected restaurants
* Tutored tasting of Turkish wines
* Visit to the Culinary Arts Academy of Istanbul
* An introduction to Turkish street food